- 2nd Decennial Census.
- Population: 5,308,483.
- Cost: $66,109.
In 1800, assistant marshals recorded the name of the county, parish, township, town, or city in which each family resided. Each family was listed by the name of the head of the household, and was asked the following questions:
- The number of free White males and females aged, respectively:
- under 10 years of age
- of 10 years but under 16 years
- of 16 years but under 26 years
- of 26 years but under 45 years
- 45 years and upward
- Number of all other free persons
- Number of slaves