Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FRANCISCAN SPIRIT CLUB
The Franciscan Spirit Club takes a leadership role among the student body in animating the spirit of St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi in the Hilbert College community by providing opportunities for spiritual enrichment, communal growth, and service to those in need. You will experience community and faith building, receive leadership and ministry training, gain exposure to social justice issues, and participate in community service. There are also opportunities for social events and retreats. Membership is open to all students. Contact Campus Ministry to find out more!
A sampling of some of the club's activities during the past year include:
- A weekend retreat at Mt. Irenaeus; a Franciscan mountain retreat center
- A Campus Clean-Up Project as part of our Earth Day Celebration
- Co-sponsored the Blessing of the Brains
- Held a Bake Sale for Catholic Charities, raising money to dig wells that provide clean water
- Painted pumpkins for the Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph
- Held a fundraising event at the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra performance at Hilbert College
- Provided fun and games for Children's Halloween, Christmas, and Easter Parties
- Regularly spent time having fun and sharing our lives and struggles over pizza at club meetings
- Received the 2016 Hilbert College Student Government Association Club of the Year Award!
For more Information Click on This Link: http://www.hilbert.edu/student-life/campus-ministry/franciscan-spirit-club